The second annual Green:Net conference, the only event that examines the intersection of greentech and IT, will be held next Thursday, April 29th at the Mission Bay Conference Center in San Francisco. From the entrepreneurs that make up the backbone of America’s innovation economy to the leaders of forward-thinking U.S. utilities to the investors that funded the Internet revolution, the speakers at Green:Net 2010 will be focused on one thing: how the Internet and IT can be leveraged to save the planet. At the same time, attendees will learn how to create huge new technology markets and spearhead the green economy.
Friends of GigaOM receive a $75 discount. So hurry and get your discount ticket now!
To preserve our future, we have to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and energy consumption. The Internet, computers and communication networks are ideally suited to help with this task, including via the smart grid, connected cars, software for resource management and greener data centers. Following a sold-out first-year event, we’re proud to once again be gathering together the brightest minds, ideas and entrepreneurs for Green:Net 2010.
- So the Smart Grid Will Be Huge, Now What? — Who are the innovators, and what software and network technologies will usher in the next generation of the power grid?
- The New Networked Car — Is the next major mobile technology platform for green applications your car?
- Carbon Policy Is Coming, and Software Is Gonna Save You — Will we see the emergence of new software giants in this space?
- How the Internet Giants Are Moving Into Energy — Google and Microsoft have slowing moved into offering energy services; what’s the attraction and what are their plans?
- Switching Atoms for Bits: The Web and Dematerialization — Did you know that a Kindle can reduce carbon emissions?
- Dot-com Investors Turn to Cleantech — Get a map of the opportunities and the funds chasing deals at this session.
Green:Net 2010 speakers include:
- Jerry Brown, Attorney General for the State of California
- Vinod Khosla, Founder of Khosla Ventures
- Steve Jurvetson, Managing Director at Draper Fisher Jurvetson
- Bill Weihl, Google’s Green Energy Czar
- Mike Harrigan, NRG Energy’s VP of Electric Vehicle Services
- Pedro Pizarro, Southern California Edison’s EVP of Power Operations
- Dian Grueneich, Commissioner for the California Public Utilities Commission
- Laura Ipsen, SVP and GM, Smart Grid, Cisco
- Eric Dresselhuys, EVP, Silver Spring Networks
- Ford Motor Co.
- General Motors
- Greenpeace International
And many, many more. For a full listing of speakers and topics visit our Green:Net 2010 web site.
Act quickly now to lock in the lowest price and get your seat. We look forward to meeting you at Green:Net 2010!