Launchpad LA has chosen 10 startups to participate in its second annual mentorship program, among them an online resource for genetic information, a cloud-based publishing network, a game design company, a Hispanic wedding service and a next-generation shopping platform still in stealth mode. Launchpad LA‘s mentorship program is six months long and brings together venture capitalists and experienced entrepreneurs from Southern California to provide advice and skills to help startups succeed. In order to be eligible, companies must not have raised any institutional venture capital and be located in or willing to relocate to Los Angeles.
Here’s the full list of the the companies selected:
* AccessDNA –- an online consumer resource for genetics that combines information about genetics with tools that can help individuals identify personal disease risk.
* AwesomeBox –- currently in stealth mode, AwesomeBox has created a marketplace for Flash sales.
* Circle Street -– a cloud-based platform for merchants to publish to multiple distribution networks, including social, mobile and email.
* DataPop -– is building a platform that enables real-time creation and delivery of ads to consumers on a massive scale.
* Gendai Games -– develops game creation technologies enabled by the social web.
* Gyroscope Technologies –- is working on a mobile retail commerce platform.
* Laughstub -– helps consumers find live comedy shows with local listings, user reviews, video previews and more.
* MOVIECLIPS.com -– a premium online video destination.
* Para Ti Novia -– a wedding web site for the Hispanic market.
* ShopNation –- currently in stealth mode, ShopNation is working on a next-generation shopping platform.