Stay on Top of Enterprise Technology Trends
Get updates impacting your industry from our GigaOm Research Community
FreeWheel has made a name for itself by helping publishers to run ads against their videos no matter where they are seen, whether they appear on a publisher’s own web site or — more likely — a distribution partner’s. But it’s tough to do that alone, which is why FreeWheel is announcing a new partner program to help disseminate and target online video ads across a wide range of distribution platforms.
The video ad company has spent the last two years partnering and integrating with a whole slew of different video distributors, ad networks, video management platforms, creative technologies, and content identification companies. In total, FreeWheel has more than 70 partners helping it to reach, monitor, and measure ad effectiveness across various video distribution points. That includes about 25 different advertising partners and eight different online video platforms.
One of FreeWheel’s biggest wins was partnering with YouTube (s GOOG) to serve ads from content partners like CBS (s CBS) and Vevo. Due to partnerships with YouTube and others, FreeWheel also counts major video publishers like Discovery (s DISCA), Major League Baseball, Turner Broadcasting System (s TWX) and Warner Bros. (s TWX) as customers.
The expansion of its partnership program and the growth in the number of publishers and distribution partners it connects with has FreeWeel firing on all cylinders. According to VideoNuze, the firm is now serving almost 2 billion video ads per month, which is nearly double its volume from last November.
Members of FreeWheel’s partner program include:
- Ad Networks: Advertising.com, Axel Springer, BrightRoll, Broadband Enterprises, Collective Media, Google AdSense, (s GOOG) Gorilla Nation, ScanScout, SmartClip (EU), SpotXchange, Tremor Media, UTarget, ValueClick, VideoEgg and VideoStrip
- Advertising Tools & Technologies: adap.tv, DoubleClick DART, DoubleClick Rich Media, Eyeblaster, EyeWonder, Innovid, Microsoft Atlas (s MSFT), Panache and PointRoll
- Content Distributors: ActiveVideo Networks, Alloy Media, AOL (s AOL), Blinkx, Blip.tv, Boxee, DailyMotion, DivX (s DIVX), FreeStream Media, Grab Networks, iPhone (s AAPL), MSN (s MSFT), MySpace (s NWS), NDN, Roku, Sling Media, Veoh, Viddler and Vudu
- Player Platforms & Content Management: Adobe OSMF (s ADBE), Brightcove, Castfire, Cisco EOS (s CSCO), Digitalsmiths, Episodic, Extend Media, Kyte, Move Networks, Ooyala and thePlatform(s CMCSA)
- Content ID Technologies: Audible Magic, BayTSP, Civolution, Vercury and Vobile
Related GigaOM Pro content: Should You Super-Syndicate Your Web Series? (subscription required)