If you pay attention, you can find inspiration and lessons that you can apply to your business everywhere you look. Personally, I’m surprised how many lessons I’ve learned from some of my favorite celebrities.
- Lance Armstrong: Be disciplined. No business will succeed without a lot of hard work and discipline. Commit to it. Stick with it. Eventually, you’ll reach your destination.
- Paula Deen: Be yourself (and be bold about it). You will naturally succeed if you build a base of followers who are naturally attracted to your personality. Don’t worry about being liked by everybody. Just let your own unique personality shine through.
- Mr. Rogers: Be positive. I can’t imagine making it in business without a whole lot of optimism.
- Ellen Degeneres: Have fun. The daily grind, even when you work for yourself, can be dull at times. Doing something you love, surrounding yourself with clients and connections that energize you, and taking time to appreciate the good things in life make it all worthwhile, and who doesn’t enjoy a good laugh every once in a while?
- Bill Cosby: Keep learning. I used to be so intimidated by what I didn’t know. But I’ve come to realize that such a list is endless, so I just continue to work at it, and I learn more and more each day about how to build a successful business.
- Carol Burnett: Be creative. Sometimes you have to improvise. You figure it out, and you come to enjoy the journey.
- Oprah: Build a platform. To succeed in business, you have to have a group of people who believe in you, who want to hear what you have to say, and who want to support you in everything you do.
- Jim Carrey & Steve Carell: Don’t take it all so seriously. You’re going to mess up, and you will look silly on occasion. Learn to be OK with that.
- Maya Angelou: Be resilient. Things will not always be easy, but if you refuse to give up and keep bouncing back, they manage to work themselves out.
Just like certain words bring to mind certain products or companies, certain celebrities make me think of lessons or traits I hope to apply within my business.
Do any lessons or traits come to mind when you think of certain celebrities?
Image from Flickr by j a r r o d