Android enthusiasts have been watching the Windows Mobile powered HTC HD2 information emerge with lust in their hearts but their wallets firmly in their pockets. By all indications, the 1 GHz Snapdragon is rapidly becoming the smartphone processor of the power user. Acer is going to make it all better with the Liquid Android phone.
The Acer Liquid has a big screen running at 800×480 and a Snapdragon processor driving Android onboard. It’s the tasty Donut (1.6) version of Android, too. Acer promises to add all sorts of their own magic to the Android mix on the Liquid:
- Improved power management to help achieve longer battery autonomy for intense users;
- A new user interface with easy access to entertainment and web bookmarks;
- An optimized camera with geo-tagging, ISO, self-timer options and accelerated auto-focus performance;
- Exclusive Spinlets™ application providing free streaming of worldwide music and video, that can be shared with friends and family through web-posting or e-mail;
- Smart integration of Facebook™, Twitter™, Youtube™, Picasa™ and Flickr™ in the address book, with realtime notification of status or content updates.