Amazon (s AMZN) takes its virtual store to a new platform today: the giant e-tailer just announced an Amazon application for BlackBerry (s RIMM) devices with a trackball. Like the version for iPhone, the Amazon App for BlackBerry is fairly full-featured:
- Purchase using Amazon’s 1-Click ordering and Amazon Prime
- Track packages or modify orders using the Your Account feature
- Receive personalized recommendations
- View editorial and customer reviews
- Get the Gold Box Deal of the Day
- Access your Wish List
Like anyone else with “geek” credentials, I’m a big package tracker, so that’s a key function for me. The software also supports a great feature I like called “Amazon Remembers.” You simply take a picture of something with your handset and Amazon tries to match it up with similar items that they sell. It’s a great way to do some quick comparison shopping and also to add to your most-wanted list.
The free application is available today from Amazon; you can grab it over-the-air by pointing your BlackBerry at http://amazon.com/bb.