Members of the media have just received word that the rumored October 14 MacBook event is rumor no more. Invitations sent by Apple’s PR department confirm that next Tuesday will see a special event hosted by the company at its Cupertino campus.
The image sent with the email and the tagline “The spotlight turns to notebooks” confirm that the event will indeed see a much–anticipated refresh of the company’s laptop line. While it’s not entirely clear in the picture, the finish on the MacBook lid does appear to support rumors of all-aluminum casing.
Once again, here’s a quick breakdown of the rumors circulating:
- New models and price points, from 8 to 12 base configurations ranging from $800-$3100
- New manufacturing process and facility to produce notebook casings from a single block of solid aluminum
- Wider touchpads, slimmer casing, and keyboards matching that found in the MacBook Air
- Nvidia integrated GPUs in MacBook line
- Possibility of in-built screens in touchpads
- Possibility of tablet-type Mac introduction (sadly seems unlikely)
What are you hoping for?