Meanwhile, this saga continues to drag on: EA says it has extended, yet again, its offer to buy rival gamer Take-Two. The new deadline is August, 18th; the previous offer had expired on Friday. Once again, the company says the move is designed to let the FTC continue with its antitrust review. EA says 11.7 million shares of Take-Two have been tendered, which is up from 6.13 million shares last time. Release.
Update: As expected, Take-Two says it’s still against the EA sale and that it’s in the process of reviewing alternatives. It looks a lot like the rejection it put out last month, the last time EA extended its offer. Except: Chairman Strauss Zelnick did not make mention of the “overwhelming number of stockholders who still have not tendered their shares.”, perhaps because the number of shares tendered is clearly on the rise, from about 7.9 percent of the total outstanding to about 15 percent. Release.