Amazon.com founder and CEO Jeff Bezos was one of the attendees at this week’s D6 Conference in Carlsbad, Calif., to be interviewed on stage, where he talked about Kindle at length. But right after his chat with Walt Mossberg and Kara Swisher, I caught up with him to discuss Amazon Web Services and his company’s efforts in cloud computing. Here is a short excerpt from that conversation, captured on my Sanyo Xacti. In particular, he talks about…
- How and when Amazon began its cloud computing effort.
- Why Amazon has become an innovator with Amazon Web Services and how it relates to their core business of being an online retailer.
- Whether or not Wall Street recognizes Amazon’s cloud efforts.
- What’s next for Amazon Web Services.
- Whether or not Amazon has plans for a VC fund or for cloud computing startups.
For even more info about Amazon’s cloud computing efforts, join us at our upcoming conference, Structure ’08, where CTO Werner Vogels will be delivering a keynote address.