Stay on Top of Enterprise Technology Trends
Get updates impacting your industry from our GigaOm Research Community
With their dotcom and broadband-based winnings in tow, serial entrepreneurs of the information technology age have been taking the plunge into the energy and cleantech markets, looking to recreate their e-successes. Some are finding more success than others, and some are, frankly, finding no success at all. But these are new(ish) markets for innovation, and someone’s bound to find the Google of cleantech out of all these biofuel, solar material, water purifier and wind turbine firms. Will it be one of these 25?
- Shai Agassi, Founder, CEO Project Better Place.
- Bob Metcalfe, Partner, Polaris Venture Partners, CEO GreenFuel.
- Vinod Khosla, Founder Khosla Ventures.
- Sunil Paul, Seed investor, early stage cleantech, Nanosolar, Oorja.
- John Doerr, Partner, Kleiner Perkins.
- Elon Musk, Chairman, Tesla, Chairman, CEO SolarCity
- Steve Jurvetson, Partner Draper Fisher Jurvetson.
- Bill Gross, Founder Idealab.
- Ray Lane, Partner Kleiner Perkins.
- Al Gore, Chairman Generation Investment Managment, Partner Kleiner Perkins.
- Raj Atluru, Partner Draper Fisher Jurvetson.
- Steve Westly, Founder The Westly Group.
- Dan Whaley, Founder, CEO Climos.
- Martin Eberhard, Founder, former CEO Tesla.
- Martin Roscheisen, Founder, CEO Nanosolar.
- Martin Tobias, Former CEO Imperium Renewables.
- Manny Hernandez, CFO SunPower.
- Jonathan Gay, CEO of GreenBox
- Jeff Skoll, Founder Skoll Foundation, investor in Tesla, Nanosolar.
- Mitch Mandich, CEO Range Fuels.
- Bill Joy, Partner Kleiner Perkins.
- Larry Gross, CEO of Edeniq.
- Bruce Sohn, President First Solar.
- David Kaplan, Founder V2Green.
- David Cope, CEO of PurFresh.