Ajit Balakrishnan, CMD of Rediff.com (NSDQ: REDF) has been named the Chairman Emeritus of the Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI); it’s a life-time appointment, and Balakrishnan will a head the Council of past Chairpersons of the IAMAI. Sanjeev Bikhchandani, MD and CEO of Info Edge (BOM: 532777) India has also been elected the Chairman of the IAMAI, and takes over from Murugavel Janakiraman, CEO of Consim Info (Bharatmatrimony). Sanjay Aggarwal, GM operations for IRCTC has been elected Vice Chairman, and Ratish Nair, Co-Founder of Interactive Avenues has been elected Treasurer. Dr. Subho Ray will continue as the Secretary and President of the association.
Bikhchandani has set following the agenda for this year:
1. Building bridges and partnerships with relevant government agencies
2. Broadband penetration
3. Better terms of business for online publishers and mobile content and services industry
Last year, the IAMAI had following agenda:
1. Making the IAMAI more representative
2. Lobbying with the government and other stakeholders
3. Institution of training programmes to encourage the younger generation to join this industry
4. Supporting new entrepreneurs
So what do you think:
— Did the IAMAI give support to new entrepreneurs?
— Has it become more representative of the Internet and Mobile industry?
— What do you think they need to do this fiscal?