It’s official: the Lenovo U110 IdeaPad is now available direct from the Lenovo site. A red one will currently get to you faster than a black one: 3 to 5 days vs. 2 to 3 weeks. Then again, a black U110 might be a smidge faster if the specs are correct: it apparently offers a 5400 RPM 120 GB drive instead of a 4200 RPM in the red base model. Might be a typo there.Both start at $1,899 which gets you:
- 11.1-inch WXGA display
- Intel L7500 Core 2 Duo at 1.6 GHz
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- 2 GB of RAM; adding another GB will cost you $100
- Integrated DVD-Recordable optical drive
- VeriFace facial recognition
- 2 hours of runtime with the 4-cell battery, plus another 6 hours with the 7-cell battery. Looks like both are included.
- Integrated WiFi, Bluetooth, 1.3-megapixel camera, ExpressCard slot, 6-in-1 media card reader and three USB ports
The U110 has a nice weight of 2.4-pounds with the standard battery and it’s less than an inch thick. I like the form factor for sure. Lenovo has definitely packed a bit o’ tech in a small, light package. When we saw the unit at CES, we really like the touch controls for media as well as the frameless display. Here’s the full set of specs in a PDF. Definitely a nice package that compares to Lenovo’s own X300, the MacBook Air and the Sony VAIO TZ-line.