Stay on Top of Enterprise Technology Trends
Get updates impacting your industry from our GigaOm Research Community
In honor of Earth Day, we’re borrowing from our friends over at Earth2Tech in order to celebrate the infrastructure, gadgets and web sites that can help GigaOMers go green. Whether it’s chips that make your servers run cooler or web sites that will help you cut down on energy consumption (no, not Blackle), these topics are not only near and dear to our readers’ hearts, but a geek-friendly shade of green.
Get Your Surf On: These sites can help make the world (and the web) a greener place.
- 10 Green Social Networks You Should Know
- 5 Sites that Want Your Janky Gadgets
- The Network Effect On Carbon Footprints
- Video Conferencing for Greener Planet, Gore and Cisco’s CEO
- Your Bad Code is Killing My Planet
Data Center Dos and Don’ts: From energy management software to low-voltage chips, these stories will turn your scream machines into green machines.
- MIT and TI Develop Ultra Energy Efficient Chip
- Will Going Green Put Data Centers in the Red?
- The Quest for Green Data Centers
- Data Centers Are Sucking More Power From the Grid
Greener Gadgets: Technology may suck a lot of power, but it’s also helping consumers save it by way of a raft of devices — from cell phones powered by kinetic energy to flat-panel displays that use LEDs to keep things bright without incandescent light.
- IPod of Cleantech:
- Brighter Screens, Better Planet:
- Where’s All the Wifi-Embedded Smart Thermostats?
- Alternative Energy Powered Gadgets
- Powering Gadgets With Motion
- Better Lithium Ion Laptop Batteries
- Get Your Carbon Footprint on your Mobile
photo courtesy of NASA