The Safran Digital Group will produce scripted short-form content for the Xbox, according to reports. We’ll have more tomorrow, but for now the basics:
- Safran represents clients like the actor and producer Sean Combs, Nia Vardalos, Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer, but major movie stars are not expected to participate.
- The six shows are likely to be comedy, horror or science fiction.
- Reports differ on whether the shows are debuting in the summer or fall.
- Microsoft says this is the first of many Xbox content deals; it’s also talking to MySpace.
- The shows will have an unspecified window of exclusivity on Xbox before they are available elsewhere.