Blog Post

Ofcom Proposes to Deregulate Large Portion of UK Broadband Market

Stay on Top of Enterprise Technology Trends

Get updates impacting your industry from our GigaOm Research Community
Join the Community!

British telecoms regulator Ofcom is proposing to deregulate nearly 65 percent of the market where it believes competition has developed strongly enough for it to step back. Under the proposal published Thursday, it would, however, continue to protect consumers in the remaining 35 percent, where BT (NYSE: BT) and KCOM either dominate the market, or consumers don