[qi:078] DowJones Venture One is all set to release their half-year report on total amount of money raised by Web 2.0 companies, which would make for rather amusing reading. Just to get a little jump start on this week of start-ups, we decided to have some fun & come up with a short list of start-ups we call fundinistas… the ones who raise venture capital relentlessly.
fundinista | fund.in.ista |
– a start-up with a venture capital habit.
ORIGIN: from funding + Spanish suffix -ista, as in fashionista, turista.
Here is our initial short list — * Telisma, Bellevue, 8 rounds since 2000; $93 million
* Informative, South San Francisco; 7 rounds since 1999; $63 million
* Zillow, Seattle; 3 rounds since 2005; $57 million
* KnowHow, Sunnyvale; 5 rounds since 2001; $46 million
* Brightcove, Cambridge; 3 rounds since 2005; $80 million +
* VideoEgg, San Francisco, 3.5 rounds since 2005; $27 million +
You got a candidate for this list? Let us know!