We’re soaking up some of the sun over at the Treasure Island music festival this weekend. We’ll let you know if the event’s got any of those Live Earth-style green elements. Wherever you’re at, check out some of our goodies from last week:
- Who’s the greenest mayor of them all? Austin mayor Will Wynn is so eco he publishes his electricity bill in the paper to show how a little energy management can produce results. We salute you.
- Solar company SunPower’s CFO Manny Hernandez, says solar IPOs this year are a no go. . . unless you’re into thin film.
- Three electric car experts weigh in on the smart charging of plug-in vehicles, and why or why not that’s important.
- The Chairman of solar thermal startup Ausra, David Mills, says the solar thermal industry needs loan guarantees if it will ever hope to replace coal.
- AMD’s quad-core processor “Barcelona” chip has a slight energy advantage over Intel’s 2.3 GHz Xeon processor. Intel, now it’s your move.