It’s the weekend folks. Go watch McLovin in all his glory (Superbad) and then come back and settle down with the goodies from last week.
- Ma and pa utility will be able to turn off your appliances, once SmartSynch adds a wireless local area network (LAN) chip to its smart meters.
- 5 Questions for Sun’s CIO Bob Worrall — he chats with us about data center efficiency and virtualization.
- BP backs off its plans to dump more waste into Lake Michigan – for now. The power of negative press!
- Chinese solar company quarterly reports were up and down last week. China Sunergy (CSUN) lost $3.54 million — and a CFO — while Trina Solar (TSL) took in $7.2 million.
- Funding news: Phoenix Motorcars, Reklaim Technologies and Serious Materials all raised (or are in the process of raising) VC funds last week.