It’s a testament to both the madness in the private equity markets and the hype around online video taking place right now that a company without a name, a website or even a clear exit strategy has been able to raise $100 million dollars at a market valuation of $1 billion. Yes, that’s right, we are talking about NewCo, a joint venture between NBC (GE) and News Corp. (NWS), and their partners that was unveiled back in March. Continue Reading
* WebWorkerDaily: YouTube, the unlikely tech teacher.
* FoundRead: The invisible man – an entrepreneur’s uneasy path to becoming the Unknown Founder.
* Earth2Tech: Thin Film, Growing Market, Slimming on PE Cash.
* NewTeeVee: Jib Jab, Now Starring You.
Elsewhere on blogs, we recommend:
* 24/7 Wall Street: Wal-Mart (WMT) And Facebook Go To School.
* Media 2.0: Life beyond advertising as usual.
* DSL Reports: Teleblend’s Mea Culpa.
* Tod Sacerdoti: Ads next to porn-ish content on Heavy.com – this can’t be good for your brand advertisers.