Does this sound like your day?
- Stay at home
- Cross-train employees to handle critical functions
- Establish policies for alternate and flexible worksites
- Deliver work by e-mail or Internet
- Encourage flexible work hours
- Establish policies for employees with children to work from home
- Limit face-to-face meetings
- Minimize close contact between and among employees and customers
- Promote teleworking
Nope, that’s not from a how-to brochure for web workers. It’s a selection of the advice the Centers for Disease Control offers to employers in the recently-released Interim Pre-pandemic Planning Guidance: Community Strategy for Pandemic Influenza Mitigation in the United States. Much more detail available at PandemicFlu.gov if you need something new to worry about today.