* Keynote over.
* Dropping Computer from company name, now just APPLE
* Will try and sell 10 million in 2008. 1% market share in the mobile phone business.
* Multiyear agreement exclusive with Cingular
* Cingular CEO on Stage. Stan Sigman says started talking about deal two years ago, agreed without seeing the device.
* Shipping exclusively on Cingular in the US
* Available in June 2007
* $499 for 4G model, $599 for 8GB
* 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone. Now getting to pricing finally.
* 5 hours battery life, 16 hours audio playback.
* Showing off switching between apps, headphones, bluetooth headsets.
* Eric Schmidt on stage joking about Apple Google merger. Google Maps, search built into the device. Jerry Yang does a cameo too, Yahoo providing free push IMAP email accounts for all iPhone customers.
* Showing Safari browser, shows CINGULAR icon on top.
* really nice call waiting and conference call touch interface
* they’ve been working on this for 2.5 years
* plan to make 3g and “all sorts of amazing phones in the future”
* wifi and bluetooth
* quadband gsm + edge
* has random access voicemail
* now showing phone…claims thinner than any other smartphone, 11.6 mm
* runs on osx
* the thing is one giant screen
* revolutionary interface. motorola q, black berry, treo, nokia e62 … every program wants its own buttons and controls, but they can’t change… we solved it in computers 20 years ago with bitmap screen and pointing device, mouse. getting rid of all buttons
* the place is going wild.
* iPhone is announced.
* it’s called the iphone
* “these are not three separate devices”
* he says these are three products on scale of 1984 apple, ipod
* 3) “breakthrough internet communicator”
* 2) “revolutionary mobile phone”
* 1) Widescreen IPod with touch screen controls.
* ITV is now Apple TV, Ships February, Taking orders now
* 2 billion songs sold on iTunes. 5 million a day
(We are having connectivity problems, so sporadic coverage from Macworld. We are using Blackberry and SMS to file the updates, some some details are missing and will be added later. Om is typing them out as they come in!)