On the topic of top 10 lists, The Associated Press takes a stab at the “most significant” YouTube videos (or video categories) of 2006. One critique: it includes a few things that really took off in 2005 (Lazy Sunday and the Chinese Backstreet Boys). NewTeeVee heads probably have all of these bookmarked, but the list would be a good one to clip for posterity.
- Lazy Sunday (note: back on YouTube, where it belongs, but it might get taken down again)
- George Allen “macaca” incident
- YouTube founders announce Google acquisition
- OK Go’s treadmill music video
- Michael Richards’ rant (looks like it’s been removed)
- various videos used in legal investigations
- Chinese Backstreet Boys
- funtwo guitarist, Barats & Bereta, Aleksey Vayner
Jackson adds: prepare to get dated.
“Hey, do you remember Lonely15Girl?”
The day is fast approaching when “She was famous on YouTube once.” becomes the new “She was big in the Catskills.”