To start it off, here’s everything that’s hanging from a USB port on my MacBook:
- Logitech MX1000 or Trackman Marble (depending on home or work office)
- External Hard Drives/Thumb drives
- Headsets (look for a review coming soon!)
- Postage Scale (for shipments)
- Digital Cameras/Memory card reader
- Jog Dial for video work
- USB to Serial (for work stuff)
- Hubs which allow all these things to be used….
With only 2 USB ports on my MacBook, the Hubs I list last are the most important things here. The most I’ve daisy-chained are 2 and it seems to work fine (the hubs I’m using are powered), but does anyone know the limit to this practice? Can I daisy-chain 5? 10? What’s the limit and what’s the effect that I’ll see as a user?
So I ask you – what’s your favorite (useful or useless) USB accessory, whether you have it or want it?