Stay on Top of Enterprise Technology Trends
Get updates impacting your industry from our GigaOm Research Community
This one is personal – now that the deal is done, I have to start working on losing 40 pounds. So if you are making plans to meet me for a drink – not going to happen. Given that how wrong I was on this one, you shouldn’t really read any further. By the way in a poll last month, 19% predicted that YouTube would sell for over $1.5 billion. A whopping 55% said YouTube will be taken out. With that out of the way, lets see who are the winners and losers of this deal.
- Sequoia Capital, which invested about $11.5 million in two rounds and owned 30% of the company, which translates to about $495 million. via who else, Dr. Kedrosky.
- Steve, Chad, and Jawed – the three co-founders of You Tube, who must be walking away with at least $200 million each. They own close to 50% of the company
- Facebook, because now we can expect a knee jerk reaction from someone, probably Yahoo.
- Ferrari dealerships, cat litter companies and of course, the real estate brokers.
- Litigation lawyers
- Michael Arrington
- MC Hammer, who visited both Google and YouTube last year. Or as he sings – Can’t touch this!
- Yahoo, which is now going to make a move, well that is a move.
- Mark Cuban
- Google, because I think this is Compaq-DEC, Skype-eBay kind of a deal for them in the long run