I wasn’t at the AOP Awards booze-up last night, alas, but the winners included:
– Consumer website: BBC Worldwide’s TopGear.com for “perfectly targeting an audience that is expanding at an incredible rate”.
– Consumer publisher: Associated Northcliffe Digital who publish Dailymail.co.uk and Thisislondon.co.uk and 83 others.
– Consumer editorial: No surprises – Guardian Unlimited’s Comment is Free. GU also won online ad sales.
– Business website: Reed’s Gazetteers.com.
– Business publisher: E-consultancy.com, and also business editorial team.
– Design: Channel 4’s LostUntold microsite.
– Cross-media project: BBC.co.uk/Chelsea, its Chelsea Flower Show microsite. Well the Beeb had to win something of course.
– New digital platform: Nature Publishing for its Google Earth/avian flu mash-up.
– Commercial partnership: Sun Online for SunBingo.co.uk: “simple, sustainable, enjoyable and hugely profitable”.
– Chairman’s award: IPC Ignite’s NME.com was singled out by Simon Waldman. He said the publishers were “among the first magazine brands to make the digital leap a decade ago and had held its own throughout”. Release
See our coverage of the AOP conference in the dedicated archive
This article originally appeared in MediaGuardian.