Are you passionate about building products and services that are essential to millions of people in their day-to-day lives? Citysearch builds product that help you find what you need – whether you are looking for a highly recommended neighborhood dry cleaner or a cozy restaurant that serves your favorite dish. Join the group responsible for the consumer experience at Citysearch, the leading local search, directory and media company that helps millions of users find businesses and services in their local area of interest. If you are a top-notch product manager who is keen on building a world-class consumer experience with an enthusiastic and energetic team, then the Consumer Product team is looking for you.
We are looking for an experienced Web Designer to join the Citysearch consumer product team. The team is responsible for all aspects of the consumer experience on the Citysearch network – from site navigation and user interface design to search functionality, personalization, and the presentation of advertising and content. Innovation and improvement of new and existing product lines is the key focus of this group. The consumer product team in particular drives the consumer strategy and business requirements. In this role, you will provide graphics and design support, translating product strategy, user research and business requirements into usable, engaging products that meet consumer needs and the requirements of Citysearch brand attributes.
The Web and Graphics Designer will be a key contributor in the conceptual, visual, and functional execution of the Citysearch website. He or she will collaborate with members of the marketing, product, project, content and technical teams to translate product strategy, user research, marketing messaging, and business requirements into highly usable products that are engaging, easy and efficient to use.
– Work closely with designers, product managers, project managers, editors, marketers and engineers to create wireframes and design mockups for proper design implementation.
– Innovate, refine and implement product design by means of visual and functional solutions that respond to user needs
– Develop and code HTML pages as needed.
– Manage workflow and deadlines of multiple, simultaneous projects
– Identify and implement requirements, develop and maintain UI specifications and guidelines while resolving tradeoffs and implementation issues.
– Minimum of 5 years experience designing web-based user interfaces, including design experience with organization, navigation and search for lage, complex web applications
– Solid understanding of user-centered design processes, usability principles and information architecture.
– Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and manage work to critical project deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
– Knowledge of and ability to hand-code HTML, DHTML, and CSS
– Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Digital Media Design or other related visual arts
– Proficiency in established software tools: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, PowerPoint, Visio, Word, Excel, etc.
– Experience interacting with management, communicating and presenting design initiatives and priorities in professional and corporate settings.
– Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills.
– Outstanding organization skills and a keen attention to details.
Citysearch is a leading online local search service that provides trusted content to more than 27 million people a month. Offering online city guides for more than 140 cities worldwide, Citysearch works with partners such as Yahoo, Ask.com and MSN, to connect consumers with the most up-to-date information on businesses — from restaurants and retail, to travel and professional services. Through its more than three million editorial and user reviews and ratings of local businesses, Citysearch helps users make informed decisions about where to spend their time and money. Citysearch is an operating business of IAC/InterActiveCorp (NASDAQ: IACI).
Citysearch is an efficient organization built on exceptional people! Citysearchers are high-energy, creative professionals who share a vision and passion for the Internet and its future. Our entrepreneurial environment along with the rapid progress and development of the company makes this an exciting time to be part of such a dynamic organization!
www.citysearch.com / www.aboutcitysearch.com / www.iac.com
Please apply online or submit resume as a Word document to email@example.com indicating “LA WGDPC” in the subject line. Failure to do so will cause a delay in your candidacy. Thank you.