- Shipments should start in late September or early October
- Orders can be placed through Asus’ online resellers
- Standard model price is $999
- Included in the standard model is a 60 GB drive, 768 MB of RAM
- GPS, webcam, WiFi and Bluetooth are included in this model
When compared to current offerings, the sub-$1,000 price tag is compelling as you’re getting some upgrades over similar or higher priced competitors: more drive space, GPS and an integrated camera. Asus proves that the UMPC market is heading in the right direction: more usable features in price that’s closer to the target range of $500 to $1,000. The real question is: who’s buying? Did you hold off on a UMPC purchase to wait for the R2H? Better yet: is this still not compelling enough and you’re going to wait longer?