The Associated Press seeks Digital Product Mananger for it headquarters office in New York City. This position is part of AP Digital’s online services team, which works collaboratively with other AP departments and customers to create, develop, maintain and promote new media services for the U.S. and international commercial market.
The Digital Product Manager will be responsible for product management, packaging and positioning for specific Digital market segments and product lines. The role of the digital product manager will be to:
– Understand assigned market segments in general; including major players, trends and needs;
– Maintain direct customer contact, along with the account executive, to ensure that customers have the correct product lineups and are using them effectively;
– Work with customers to identify new revenue opportunities through new product lines, packages and services;
– Provide customer and market insight to help enhance, expand and create products with Product Development, News and Technology departments;
– Understand entire Digital product portfolio in order to fashion best lineup of products for customers;
– Manage assigned product lines, including tracking financial, technical and editorial performance;
Helping to choose, build and maintain external partnerships
The successful candidate must be able to work in cross-department teams and to achieve goals without direct authority over other team participants. He/she should have:
– Demonstrated knowledge of new media markets and technology.
– Experience in product management, development or marketing, preferably in an online news or information technology company.
– Demonstrated ability to work with customers and in teams.
– Excellent follow-through and superior interpersonal and communication skills required to work with both internal and external contacts;
– Advanced degree in related field helpful; and
– Knowledge of AP operations and services a plus.
For consideration email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Associated Press is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact Info: Send inquiries to email@example.com.