To MacIntel or Not?

I’ve had the conversation a few times already.  I’m sure many of you have as well.  “Do I get a first revision Intel Mac, or do I wait until the hype dies, and bugs are worked out of the hardware/software?”

A day or so after The Keynote a couple weeks back, my good friend called me to see what I’d do.  He was in an interesting situation – he bought his G5 iMac 29 days prior…  So he wanted to know if I’d return my brandnew G5 iMac and opt instead for the even brand-newer (I know that’s not a word) Core Duo Intel iMac.

I of course had to give the responsible answer first, “For what you’ll be using it for, it’s not going to make a difference.”  That said, I went on, “But if I were in your shoes, I’d definitely go for the Intel iMac!”  He agreed – he likes the cutting edge, probable bugs or not.

So what are you doing, dear readers?  If you’re in the market for a new machine – or if you’ve just got money burning a hole in your pocket – what are you planning to do?  Wait it out a bit longer, or plunge into the Brave New World feet first?

And if you’ve already taken the plunge, any regrets or feedback for the rest of us?

loading

Comments have been disabled for this post