The problem I have experienced with Skype arbitrarily disabling my password has entered a new chapter. I just received an email from Skype in response to my help ticket filed with them three days ago with instructions how to reset my registration email address so I can retrieve a reset password:
In order to solve your problem we need to know some information about your SkypeOut purchase.
Please send us the following information:
1. Approximate date of a last purchase made with you SkypeOut account (can be looked up from the credit card statement or from the confirmation email sent to you after the purchase).
2. The order number
3. Payment method or Credit Card type used to make a purchase
4. Email that was entered during registration (if any)
Additionally, in case you have purchased with a credit card, then please provide us with:
5. The first 4 and last 4 numbers of the credit card used
6. Name on the credit card
Or in case you used PayPal or Moneybookers, then we need this additional information:
5. Your registered PayPal/Moneybookers email address
6. PayPal/Moneybookers Transaction Id
I was able to furnish my order information thanks to MSN Desktop Search which found my last purchase right away so we’ll see how this turns out.