Folks, after a long delay, I am proud to announce a winner for the GigaOM survey. The winner is Brendon Connelly and I have emailed him with the good news. He will soon be getting a brand new Sling Box from fine folks at Sling Media. For rest of you who did not win, you have my undying gratitude and sincere thanks.
(In order to select the winner, I simply put every email on a little slip of paper, put them in a nice salad bowl and picked the one from the bottom.) I should have done this sooner, but as most of you know I have been sick and then on deadline, and only now catching up with life. Having said that, there is no excuse for the delay or the tardiness. So I apologize for that. Writing these personal posts is much harder than other stuff for me, but please forgive me. Vik, big up for the nudge!
I would like to share some stats from the survey. (A total of 620 readers responded to the survey!)
- 56% of my readers are in the age group 25-to-35.
- Only 5.65% of the readers are women.
- 68% make more than $75k
- Over 40% have a household income higher than $100K
- 18% of the readers are senior management (CEO/CTO) including “founders.
- 18% of the readers are getting their GigaOM fix on a non-laptop mobile device. Wow…. that is the coolest!
- India is the #2 geo (tied with Canada & ahead of the UK) after the US
- 44% IT pros or engineers (similar composition to ZDNet or News.com)
- 73% read the site at least once a day (59% post & 54% publish their own blogs)
- 90% are asked by friends / colleagues for advice on tech, 73% are asked to name brands.
- 45.16% of you create your own tags or social bookmarks (eg, Del.icio.us)