On this day of thanks as celebrated in the US, it seems only fitting to share the things for which I am thankful.
- My wife and family for making everything worthwhile
- My friends, many whom I have never met in person
- My clients, who make it possible to feed my family, and who keep giving me work because they don’t know any better
- My readers, who seem to like this blog and other things I write
- My dogs, who worship the ground I walk on and who are good friends in their own way
- A group of doctors and nurses who made it possible for me to be here doing the things I enjoy
- Microsoft, for valuing the things I do and say, and for respecting my opinions even when different from theirs
- My podcasting partners (Marc Orchant, Kevin Tofel, Dave Ciccone), for putting up with my improv with aplomb, and for being very good people
- Mobile device OEMs, for providing lots of toys to play with
- All of the authors who write the books I love to read, for having both the imagination and talent to keep me in awe of what they do
- And most of all, I am thankful for Al Gore, for giving us the Internet that makes all of this possible
Have a safe and happy holiday and even if you live in an area that doesn’t observe this holiday, take a moment to reflect on the things that you are thankful for.