Matt Homann, Chief Thinking Officer of LexThink, sent me an email to let me know that the BlawgThing 2005 is teaming with Mindjet so the entire conference can be mapped. BlawgThink is a two day conference for legal bloggers in Chicago and will be held November 11 & 12th.
What does that mean, exactly? For starters:
- As part of the $595.00 registration fee, every attendee will get a full license to MindJet’s MindManager Pro 6, a $350.00 value!
- We will encourage each attendee to use MindManager to collect and organize their thoughts. During the conference, we’ll add everyone’s individual brainstorms to a group mindmap. The mindmap will be displayed at BlawgThink! on a big screen and updated in near real-time (we’re working on making it available online in real-time, too).
- Our “scribes” — some recent law school graduates who’ve volunteered to help — will take notes in MindManager at each session and add them to the group mindmap as well.
- After the event, we’ll share the conference mindmap with everyone on the LexThink site (using MindJet’s cool new Viewer).
- Did I mention every attendee gets a full license to MindJet’s MindManager Pro 6?
Also, we still have some spots available for attendees. If you are interested, send me an e-mail at Matt@lexthink.com and I’ll shoot you the details.
You can tell Matt is pretty excited about this venture with Mindjet and I wish them success with this. Having a brainstorm mind map of the event should be absolutely awesome. I have one question for Matt, though. If BlawgThink 2005 is for legal bloggers, does that make all the rest of us illegal bloggers?