EverNote Corporation recently announced the commercial release of EverNote™ 1.0 for Windows, a complete note management solution designed to give users a single place to capture, categorize and find all types of notes and content.
EverNote innovates by storing content on an endless, virtual, time-stamped roll of paper. With this approach, users can quickly jump to any date and scroll chronologically through their notes, without having to open and close their notes one at a time.
With EverNote, users can now capture and instantly find: typed or handwritten memos; excerpts from Web pages, documents and emails; passwords, phone messages, to do’s; brainstorms, sketches, images and more.
Since its initial beta release, EverNote has quickly become a popular product, garnering much industry and user interest.
"EverNote is invaluable to my job as an IT trainer," said Dominic Betts, an avid EverNote user. "EverNote is fantastic for holding all my notes and categorizing them – no more piles of paper collecting everywhere!"
For highlights of what other early EverNote users are doing with the product, see: http://www.evernote.com/userstories
"This commercial release is an important milestone in our ongoing EverNote development effort to provide a universal solution to every major computing and mobile device platform," said Dr. Stepan Pachikov, CEO and President of EverNote Corp.
- Multiple note formats: Text, web, email, handwriting, image clips and custom note templates, such as to do lists, expenses and other common templates.
- Fast search & retrieval: Multiple methods for finding notes: visually, by time, keywords, categories and automatic labeling.
- Intelligent, multiple categories: Assign multiple categories to notes for easy organization and retrieval, with over 50 easily identifiable icons.
- Web clipper: Instantly export web content into EverNote by adding the EverNote Web Clipper button into Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.
- Advanced digital ink: Recognizes text and searches through handwritten notes. Recognizes handwritten pages with text, charts, layouts and formatting. This feature is available exclusively with EverNote Plus.
- Security & backup: Encrypt notes you want to keep private or protect from accidental changes or deletion. EverNote also offers both automatic and manual backup.
- Printing & emailing: Select any number of notes or templates for printing or sending to any email recipient, using Outlook 2000/XP/2003 and Outlook Express.
EverNote 1.0 for Windows is available as a free download. EverNote Plus, which includes advanced digital ink features and supports a broad range of pen input devices, has a base list price of $34.95. Both are available at www.evernote.com.