About.com, a top ten Web property and part of The New York Times Company, is seeking an assertive, creative-thinking, self-starter who is able to
handle multiple tasks to fill the position as Sales Director working in our
Los Angeles office. This hire will report into the Vice President of Sales
and be responsible for revenue from accounts in a national territory. This
is a perfect opportunity for someone who is interested in advancing a
career in online sales. We will provide a thorough grounding in the
About.com product line.
– Minimum of 5-7 years advertising sales experience including a minimum of
3 years online exposure.
– A significant book of existing accounts or relationships within the Los
Angeles and Southern California market that we can leverage to generate
immediate revenue at About.com.
– Selling media and sponsorship programs to agencies and clients direct.
– Penetrating territory in undeveloped areas such as Arizona, New Mexico
as well as the Los Angeles and Southern California market
– Proactively soliciting, handling and closing RFP’s.
– Previous success selling targeted online advertising campaigns.
– Extremely professional, creative-thinker, strategic and aggressive
– Strong negotiating and sales skills.
– High energy and sense of humor a must.
– Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
To apply, please forward cover letter, salary requirements and resume to
email@example.com and include position title in the subject line.