I just ran across this cool camera hack that details how to get great color from your digital camera using coffee filters.
Here’s how to do it:
- Switch to manual focus
- Hold a small stack of three (or so) coffee filters in front of your lens; cover the entire frame
- Snap a picture (unless your camera can set the balance w/o exposing a shot)
- Set your white balance against the coffee filter reference
- Snap pictures, enjoy the color
- Repeat whenever the light changes
The filters are ultra-portable, very plentiful, extremely cheap, and give great results.
Excellent tip and one I will give a try if I get my Canon S50 fixed. It won’t power on for some reason.
(via Camera Hacks)