Rumors have been swirling around the Inkernet for a few days with news about a new slate Tablet PC from Motion Computing. I just received some accurate information direct from Motion containing the official press release and detailed specs on what looks to be a fine Tablet PC. The LE1600 is a thin and lightweight (3.13 lbs.) slate that comes with a fast processor, lots of RAM and the typical attention to detail Motion always brings to the table. $2199.
- Intel® Pentium® M Processor LV 758 (1.5 GHz)or Intel Celeron® M Processor ULV 373 ( 1.0 GHz).
- Extremely lightweight – 3.13 lbs.
- View Anywhere® technology offers optimum viewing in any lighting, indoors or outdoors. Large, 12.1" XGA TFT display with wide viewing angles. Ambient Light Sensor automatically adjusts display brightness
- New Digital Video Interface (DVI-D) port for optimum image quality on external DVI displays or projectors.
- Dual battery design – operate 3+ hours with the Standard Battery or get close to a full day of battery life with the Extended Battery.
- Integrated Bluetooth for wireless connectivity to peripherals
- Speak Anywhere™ audio offers a multi-directional array microphone design and configurable acoustics software.
- The Motion Security Center lets you customize specific levels of protection. Integrated Fingerprint Reader prevents unauthorized access. Embedded Trusted Platform Module (TPM) protects data by enabling hardware-based encryption.
- All Motion Tablet PCs are supported by a wide range of Accessories, including docking, power and storage solutions and carrying cases
Motion press release here and full specs after the jump.
|LE1600 TABLET PC SPECIFICATIONS|
|Printable Versions||• LE1600 Spec Sheet
• Motion LE1600 Product Brochure
|Chassis||• Carbon Fiber Blend – upper bezel
• Magnesium Alloy – lower bezel
|Operating System||• Microsoft® Windows® XP Tablet PC Edition|
|Processors/Cache||• Intel® Centrino™ Mobile Technology with the Intel® Pentium® M Processor Low Voltage 758 (2MB of L2 cache, 1.50GHz, 400MHz FSB)
• Intel® Celeron® M Processor Ultra Low Voltage 373
(512KB L2 cache, 1GHz, 400MHz FSB)
|Chipset||• Intel 915GMS|
• 12.1" XGA TFT LCD with viewing angles up to 180 degrees
|Digitizer Pen||• Active digitizer pen (no battery required)
• Right mouse click button
• Integrated eraser
• Intel 915GMS Extreme Graphics controller
• Maximum 128MB total with Intel Dynamic Video Memory Technology
|• AC 97 audio codec|
|PC Card Controller||
• Industry-standard CardBus controller
• Centrino Models
• 1.8" Hard Disk Drive (HDD) with 30GB or 60GB capacities
• Integrated Intel® PRO/Wireless 2200BG
|Audio||• Motion Speak Anywhere™ technology
- Multi-directional array microphone design intelligently switches between two of the three microphones based on screen orientation
- Knowles Acoustics IntelliSonic software
• Two integrated speakers
|Expansion||• Secure Digital (SD) slot
• One Type I or Type II PC card slot
• 11.65" x 9.45" x 0.74” – 0.87" (296mm x 240mm x 18.7 – 22mm)
|Security||• Integrated Fingerprint Reader
• TCG Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 1.1
• Universal lock slot
• Motion Security Center
• 3.13 lbs. with Standard Battery
• Standard Battery
|Battery Charging Time||
• Standard Battery only
|System Status LEDs||
• Power on/off
• One 5-way directional control button
• 50W universal, 2-pin jack
• Motion Dashboard control panel
• ACPI 1.1 compliant
• FCC: 15B, 15C
• 1-year limited warranty