– Manage development of wireless content strategy, content identification and acquisition towards the goal of creating and maintaining a catalog of music, graphics, games, text, and video content across multiple MTV Networks brands.
– Establish, develop and maintain extensive relationships with strategic content partner counterparts including agents, managers, record labels, show producers, mobile content houses, and other rights holders.
– Develop and communicate key tactical and strategic priorities to both internal groups and external decision makers.
– Structure, negotiate, obtain approval and close in-licensing, out-licensing and partnering agreements, from development of deal structure and terms through to long-form contract negotiation.
– Track and monitor content acquisition efforts and develop a metrics-based view of the value of new content and deal structures; partner with licensees to understand, communicate and track financial and marketing goals.
– Interface with and coordinate input from multiple MTVN departments, in particular Ad Sales, Integrated Marketing, Research, Music & Talent Relations, Music & Media Licensing, and Business and Legal Affairs to help shape, develop, and manage wireless content acquisition process.
– 4 to 6 years of licensing experience with deal-making and management track record; must have worked with major content companies.
– Wireless knowledge and wireless work experience is preferred; must be familiar with rights issues surrounding digital media.
– Strong knowledge of the media industry as well as deep understanding of popular culture (music, TV, movies, trends) is required.
– Ability to read and interpret contracts, summarize rights information accurately; excellent organizational, statistical, analytical, written and oral presentation skills.
MTV Networks is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/AAP Qualified Applicants apply directly at: www.mtvncareers.com