* News gathering (camera phones, recording devices, portable computers, etc).
* News propogation and comparison (email, instant messaging, chat, newsgroups)
* News production (photo editing applications, word processors, content management, er, blogging tools)
* News distribution systems (databases, server farms, web servers)
* News reading (Web browsers and RSS aggregators)
* News finding and trend analysis (search, link analysis, pattern analysis)
What’s wrong with this picture? Well to do it all, you need six to ten different tools and service. Some one can make a fortune by integrating it all, and making it simpler. Any takers?