- WiMAXCon – serendipity
- Microsoft’s new OS: Shorthorn
- Geeks love geeks. Circuit City drops Catherine Zeta Jones and T-Mobile in favor of the nerd and Verizon Wireless announces store-within-a-store concept to be launched at all 570 Circuit City locations; these “mini-stores” will be run and staffed by VZW.
- Intel talks technology with an update on its 65nm technology; company still expects intro in 2005, in step with Moore’s Law. Now if it could use it to finally churn out products on time.
- RF Micro’s Bluetooth on a chip whatever.
- No new cool gadgets, but real star of the MTV’s Video Music Awards: the bleep machine.
- Forrester predicts, network equipment will grow modestly at an average of 4 percent. That’s almost good for Cisco.