Business and IT are no longer separate silos. Today your application is your business — and software development is the glue that holds it together. But how can you develop your business and the applications that support it at the same time? How far can you push one before the other breaks?
Modern applications provide and consume different services with different needs. As a result, there is no single “right” platform for application development and production. For some applications, the quick provisioning and auto-scaling of the public cloud may provide an ideal prototyping or dev/test environment, though actual production may happen on in-house servers. For others, competitive or privacy concerns may dictate exactly the opposite strategy.
To extract maximum value from their infrastructure, developers must move beyond their current binary thinking regarding the public cloud and begin leveraging a cloud+ strategy that includes private clouds and data centers. The result will be a higher-performing and more cost-effective IT platform for your applications and your business.
In this webinar, our panel will discuss these topics:
- What are the key application features driving your business?
- Which levels of infrastructure are appropriate for different application components?
- Does building or running applications on commodity clouds also commoditize your business?
- Where does your cloud live, and does it matter?
- Is IT constraining, enabling or accelerating your business strategy?
- Larry Cornett, product strategy and design consultant, Brilliant Forge
- Rich Morrow, founder and head geek, quicloud
- David S. Linthicum, SVP, Cloud Technology Partners
- William Dougherty, CTO, RagingWire
Register here to join Gigaom Research and our sponsor RagingWire Data Centers for “Cloud + data centers: the IT platform for internet applications and businesses,” an exclusive free analyst roundtable webinar on Thursday, June 12, 2014, at 10:00 a.m. PT.