Understanding customer behavior is critical, but predicting future behavior is a gold mine. Knowing when customers are ready to buy or cancel or identifying risk before an incident occurs could mean the difference between success and failure, but how much can we really know about the future, and how should we apply that insight to our business?
Like any application of technology, predictive analytics is more appropriate in some cases than others, and it carries a special set of requirements.
In this webinar, our panel will address these topics:
- How much can predictive analytics truly predict?
- Which industries and businesses are making the most of predictive analytics, and what can others learn from them?
- What is the difference between business intelligence and predictive analytics?
- How do businesses analyze a combination of structured and unstructured data?
- What technical, operational and staffing changes does a predictive analytics program require?
- William McKnight, founder and president, McKnight Consulting Group
- Andrew Brust, founder and CEO, Blue Badge Insights
- Rich Morrow, founder and head geek, quicloud
- Ingo Mierswa, Ph.D., CEO, RapidMiner
Register here to join Gigaom Research and our sponsor RapidMiner for “Predictive analytics 101: What Can It Do for You?” a free analyst roundtable webinar on Tuesday, May 13, 2014, at 10:00 a.m. PT.