To automate decision making and capture competitive insight, enterprises require massive computing resources that store and mine ever-growing amounts of data. With big data, high-performance storage is every bit as critical as processing power. Flash-based storage provides significant I/O performance, reliability and efficiency advantages over disk that make it an ideal tool for big data analytics.
Implemented properly, flash-based storage can be a critical component of the high-performance systems necessary to meet real-time demands and detailed analytics requests.
In this webinar, the panel will address these topics:
● What are the benefits of flash-based storage devices in accelerating analytics?
● How can these devices enhance performance in business analytics using tools such as Hadoop and NoSQL databases?
● What are the various kinds of flash storage for the enterprise market?
- SAS/SATA SSDs, PCIe SSDs and flash on DIMMs
● Is it realistic to use flash in multiple tiers of the data center?
● What are future trends in accelerating applications for the enterprise?
- Barb Goldworm, president and chief analyst, FOCUS
- Mike Karp, VP and principal analyst, Ptak, Noel & Associates
- Ashar Baig, Founder, Analyst Connection
- Steve Fingerhut, VP of Enterprise Storage, SanDisk
Register here to join Gigaom Research our sponsor SanDisk for “Innovations in flash storage and their impact on analytics,” a free analyst roundtable webinar on Wednesday, Feb. 26, 2014, at 10:00 a.m. PT.