As Hadoop moves from the early-adopter phase into the mainstream, IT organizations across all industries are asking how to make the business case for Hadoop at their company. For all of its benefits, namely it is a radically cheaper alternative for storing and processing large amounts of structured and unstructured data, and it can be an uncomfortable fit in a traditional IT environment. With that in mind, it’s important to put Hadoop to work on the tasks it was designed for, to ensure its success in your organization.
In this webinar, our panel will discuss these topics:
- What evidence is there that Hadoop is now mainstream?
- What use cases is Hadoop most suited to?
- What are the challenges and best practices for implementing Hadoop in an ETL offload environment?
- What are some methodologies and tools for success?
- Richard Winter, president, WinterCorp
- David Loshin, principal consultant, corporate analyst and adviser, Knowledge Integrity
- Ron Bodkin, founder and CEO, Think Big Analytics
- Lonne Jaffe, CEO, Syncsort
Register here to join Gigaom Research and Syncsort for “The business case for Hadoop,” a free analyst webinar on Wednesday, Feb. 19, 2014, at 10:00 a.m. PT.