Here we are — another week has passed by us and we are heading into the weekend. For those of you who are going to have sometime on your hands, check out these seven stories I read and loved this past week.
- My life working as a model in China — Meredith Hattam shares her fashion story and it isn’t what you think it is. Amazing and shocking tale!
- Looking for lessons in Iceland’s recovery — in other words, how did the nearly broke nation got is fiscal mojo back.
- Big Data + Big Pharma = Big Money — Yup, you got the gist of this story, but ProPublica has done an amazing job with this report.
- Bruce Sterling and Jon Lebkowsky’s State of the world 2014 – The Well tradition.
- The White Ghetto — This story of Owsley County, Ky as told by Kevin Williamson will open your eyes to the world we rarely see.
- A toast story — how did toast become the latest artisanal food craze. Seriously?
- The joy of unfollowing — I shouldn’t really add any more to that near perfect headline.