You know what’s even better than a Black Friday deal? A Black Friday deal that helps you to save money during the rest of the year by making it possible to cut down on your expensive cable bill. That’s why we put together a special list of Black Friday deals just for cord cutters:
- Chromecast: Best Buy will have Google’s Chromecast for $30 on Black Friday, which is $5 below the regular price, and there’s word that Amazon will have the same offer, but the exact timing of that offer is still unclear. In addition, buying a Chromecast at Amazon, Best Buy or Google Play will get you a $6 coupon for a Google Play movie rental.
- Roku: Roku is selling the Roku 2 for $60, which is $20 off the regular price. The offer starts Thursday morning and runs through Cyber Monday, and is available through Roku’s website.
- Apple TV: Target is selling Apple TVs for $89, compared to the regular $100.
- Plair: The new Plair 2 media streaming adapter is $39 on Amazon and Plair.com, which is $10 off the regular price. This deal is available Friday-Monday.
- Channel Master: The subscription-free DVR offers a 15% off deal until 12/2.
- Winegard antennas: Winegard is offering up to $30 savings on its indoor antennas from Thursday-Monday.
- Plex: Media center maker Plex is selling its iOS, Android and Windows apps for $2, as opposed to the regular $5.
- Bonus freebie: Our regular contributor Liz Shannon Miller has written an ebook called The Skip It/Watch It Guides that tells you which episodes of shows like West Wing, New Girl or Star Trek you can skip, and she’s giving the Kindle version away for free on Black Friday.
Did you find any other good deals? Leave your links in the comments below!