In the three years since its creation, OpenStack has redefined the cloud infrastructure market. OpenStack now has more than 11,000 developers in 130 countries, and large and small enterprises alike are starting to build OpenStack-based clouds. While OpenStack is indeed a well-regarded IaaS cloud platform standard, the use of OpenStack in the world of PaaS is not as well-understood.
Today the use of PaaS to automate development workflows within private and public clouds is the clear industry direction. However, the full benefits of enterprise PaaS come about through considering PaaS together with community-driven and standards-based Infrastructure as a Service like OpenStack.
In this webinar, our panel will discuss these topics:
- What are the advantages of bringing open cloud infrastructure such as OpenStack into a PaaS strategy?
- Which emerging technologies and standards are most important to watch?
- Which businesses and industries can serve as models for OpenStack-ready development?
- What are common pitfalls in PaaS development that could impede a move toward OpenStack, and how can enterprises avoid them?
- David S. Linthicum, SVP, Cloud Technology Partners
- Joe McKendrick, president and principal analyst, McKendrick & Associates
- Mike Kavis, VP and principal architect, Cloud Technology Partners
- Gordon Haff, senior manager, Cloud Strategy Marketing and Evangelism, Red Hat
Register here to join GigaOM Research and Red Hat for “Defining a PaaS strategy with OpenStack in mind,” a free analyst webinar on Thursday, Nov. 7, 2013, at 10 a.m. PT.