Moving storage and compute to the cloud has simplified billing, sourcing and resource scaling, but the fundamentals of application design have not changed. Hard-coded APIs and services remain rigidly tied to finite inputs and fixed results, denying developers the ability the full range of interoperability the cloud can bring, such as the pervasive and configurable use of services.
In this webinar, our panel will address these topics:
- How do we combat the rise of silos in the cloud and within the enterprise?
- How should developers rationalize and govern services and APIs?
- How do you deal with MDM and code reuse?
- How does this approach improve devops and improve life cycle management?
- What are the best practices and technologies for building and deploying services?
- David S. Linthicum, SVP, Cloud Technology Partners
- Joe McKendrick, president and principal analyst, McKendrick & Associates
- Mike Kavis, chief technologist, Kavis Technology Consulting
- Dave Duggal, founder and managing director, EnterpriseWeb
Register here to join GigaOM Research and EnterpriseWeb for “Smart services: extending the cloud to application design,” a free analyst webinar on Thursday, Sept. 19, 2013, at 10 a.m. PT.