Summer means slowing down, though it seems the torrent of information isn’t slowing. Here are my picks for the weekend.
- Is digital imagery creating cut-and-paste fashion? This is really a good question — our state of connectedness has made the fashion trends spread much faster across the world. A thoughtful take by Liroy Choufan.
- A dictionary of #menswear insults. Why? Because we all need a little laugh.
- Why are San Franciscans so busy all the time? I remember being chilled and relaxed in SF. No more. Living here means being very busy.
- Jim Rodgers, the legendary investor tells all about China, Asia and the future of global economy. Must read interview of the week.
- How do good ideas spread? A great piece from the New Yorker.
- Welcome to the world of predictive policing. No, this isn’t a movie The Economist is talking about.
- Designing smart cities for the new century. If urbanization is the way of the future, then some intelligence has to be put into how new cities are built.