Innovative IT shops looking to gain flexibility and efficiency in the way they deliver IT are embracing the software-defined data center (SDDC). Typically this IT model involves compute, storage and networking pooled, aggregated, delivered and managed by intelligent, policy-driven software. Security must also be part of this software-defined mix, but it is not well-understood, as the market is so new.
In this webinar, our panel of experts will discuss:
- What software-defined security is
- Examples of how SDS improves on existing security practices
- The different approaches to implementing SDS
- The considerations and planning criteria when integrating SDS into your data center
- Trends in SDS over the next two to three years
- Jo Maitland, research director, GigaOM
- Ashar Baig, founder, Analyst Connection
- Mark Leary, founder and chief analyst, The First Tracks
- Edmundo Costa, CEO, Catbird
Register here to join GigaOM Research and our sponsor Catbird for “Security trends in a software-defined data center,” a free analyst webinar on Wednesday, July 31, 2013, at 10:00 a.m. PT.